I sometimes turn to moving music to get me through a difficult time, or to reflect my feelings of joy and appreciation. Listening to moving music is one of the greatest pleasures available, but we don’t do it enough! How often do you just sit and listen to music? Without doing the dishes, driving, or exercising? We’re all so busy, but just sitting and listening to moving music is like therapy.
We can get swept away by inexpressibly beautiful songs and pieces that release dopamine into our brains making us feel amazing!
We can turn to different types of music for the many emotions we are experiencing. Here is my list of 7 moving pieces that will hopefully inspire you to move forward with your dreams, desires, wishes and intentions.
1) Gabriel’s Oboe (Main Theme from The Mission, By Ennio Morricone)
2) Sonata Pathetique (Adagio Cantabile, By Ludwig van Beethoven)
3) Triumph of Time and Tide (Sarabande, by Georg Friedrich Handel)
4) Etude No. 26 in A-flat Major (By Frederick Chopin)
5) When You Wish Upon A Star (By Leigh Harline and Ned Washington)
6) Don’t Give Up (By Peter Gabriel, with Kate Bush)
7) Wonderful World (By Bob Thiele and George David Weiss)
What music do you listen to for inspiration?
Tomorrow, 7 Moving Pieces (For Happiness)
With love and music, Gaili
Check out our awesome books! UpperHandsPiano.com